Friday, March 09, 2007

best tv shows

In India, Television is nose diving in the quality of the content. A place where News channel don't show news. You cans expect this here.
This blog is for some of the memorable tv serials I saw . And some which I seeing now.

Planet Earth Series (David Attenborough)
First and foremost if you have not seen this see it as soon as you can. Some of the most beautiful and breathtaking shots I have seen in my life. I would not have seen them had this had not come along the way. I saw some of the most beautiful mountains, deserts,waterfalls,birds,caves and what not.


The Private Life of Plants(David Attenborough)
Though I just saw one episode of this, it instantly went into classic status in my book.

Malgudi Days(Shankar Nag)
Malgudi Days shines as a perfect example of what a classic serial is. R K Naraynan is known for his simple but beautiful stories. And how beautifully Shankar Nag has put all that on the screen.

Bharat Ek Khoj(Shyam Benegal)
Shyam Benegal is a pioneer in his own right. I can think of no one who could carry this serial the way he did. Some were real treat to watch. For the people who have not seen it, may be they can buy it or search it on the net. Do anything to watch this classic.

Byomkesh Bakshi(Basu Chatterjee)
This brilliant detective serial by Basu Chatterjee mesmerized me because it was unlike any other detective serial. How witty Rajat Kapur is shown again unlike any other.

Flop Show(Jaspal Bhatti)
The greatest of the comedy shows in India. Even today I laugh when I remember some of its episode. A classic which made a pun on the social and day to day issues at that time.

Mahabharata(B.R. Chopra)
I have not read this epic. But seen the serial by the same name. Mahabharata and Ramayana are the two epic which became hugely popular in India. But I can safely say that Mahabharata which is a far better and complex story is way ahead. Some of the things are hard to understand even after watching this great epic. May be some day I will read the epic myself.

Udaan(Kavita Chaudhary)
People say that todays serial are women oriented. They are not. If you really want to see a serial which really shows the women and her status and her struggle in this cruel society then watch Udaan.

Shriman Shrimati(Rajan Waghdhare)
I used to laugh so much while watching this one. I still smile thinking of the characters. Jatan Kanakia as Keshav Kulkarni was the star of the pack.

No comments: